Are Demons Real?
Individuals from all cultures throughout the history of the world have asked the question, “Are demons real?”
There are many theories that abound on the actual existence of demons, but one fact is solid among all that believe that these entities have the potential to be real – that they are the most feared spiritual being on both the physical plane and the spiritual plane.
The concept of demons is deep rooted in various types of religious beliefs, stories of folklore, legends concerning the supernatural, as well as mythological based stories. Throughout this guide on the paranormal, you will be introduced to various facts pertaining to demons.
What is a Demon?
The word “demon” is actually a Greek word. According to the original meaning of the word, it is a spirit that is considered to be wise and is often described as being a type of guardian. In most cultures, it is believed that demons do not originate from humans. However, there are many that do believe that humans have the capability of becoming possessed or controlled by a demon. Most individuals in today’s world view demons are an evil based entity that has a purpose and intent that is considered to be malicious in one way or another. In addition to these meanings, many religions consider demons to be angels that have fallen from the Grace of God.
Characteristics of a Demon
There are many characteristics of a demon. However, the most sound descriptions are highlighted by the Holy Bible of the Christian religion. The following highlights the Bible’s description of these beings:
• According to information in Revelation, Matthew, and Mark demons seem to have the preference of possessing the bodies of humans.
• In Matthew, Jesus explained that the demons prefer to not only live together, but also to work together, therefore making them communal creatures.
• It is highlighted in Matthew and Mark that demons have a certain amount of intelligence as well as their own will.
• In both Matthew and Mark, it is established that some demons have a higher level of wickedness about them than other demons.
• Demons have various degrees of power.
• Demons have various degrees of endurance.
• According to the books of Mark and Acts, demons have the capability to determine if an individual is using the authority of God because they recognize him as a real entity.
When asking “are demons real?’ it is important to understand the capabilities of these spiritual entities. Once again, we use the information obtained from the Holy Bible because it is the most descriptive resource on the topic. The following outlines these capabilities:
• It has been established that demons have the ability to travel from one location to another.
• Spiritual entities that are described as being demons have the ability to cause many physiological and psychological complications.
• Demons are said to have the capability of having physical fights with the angels of God.
• Demons have the capability of influencing events that humans take part in.
• Demons have the capability of possessing humans.
Are ghosts real? That is a question that has been pondered for centuries. However, there are many cases that seem to reflect the fact that these spiritual entities are, in fact, very real. Professionals and amateurs alike have established the fact that the existence of demons is prevalent in today’s world.